Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
Hi Tim & welcome to the forum,

If the track is tinplate & has a series of studs in the centre of it then it is an AC set which cannot be used on a conventional controller. You will need one made by Marklin. The locomotive will (or should have) a sprung pick up skate between the running wheels, in the centre.

When you have the correct controller one wire will go to the running rails & the other to the centre studs.

Hope this helps.
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.