Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking fo an LMS fowler 2-6-2T and an LMS Stanier 2-6-2T valve gear and or chassis OO, can you help?

I have a Nu-cast Stanier 2-6-2 with busted valve gear and a K's Fowler 2-6-2
also with busted valve gear, how to rescue?
Doesn't seem to be too bad, one side only on each, but I don't have the
equipment or skills.

John

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Hornby do 2-6-4T Fowler and Stanier models. I would imagine the valve gear would be very similar to the 2-6-2T versions. So an investigation of Hornby's spare parts may be worthwhile. Try www.hornby.com and seek out the service sheets for R2738 (Fowler) and R2635/X, R2730/X, R2731/X and R2732/X (Stanier). These are new models but the service sheets ought to be available.

Regards.
John Webb

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
The Fowler and Stanier 2-6-2 tanks had the same hallowed Midland Railway wheelbase of 8' and 8' 6" as the Fowler 2-6-4 tank so I think that you should have no problem in adapting Hornby valkve gear from their Fowler tank to suit.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (Saint Johnstoun @ 30 Oct 2008, 08:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Fowler and Stanier 2-6-2 tanks had the same hallowed Midland Railway wheelbase of 8' and 8' 6" as the Fowler 2-6-4 tank so I think that you should have no problem in adapting Hornby valkve gear from their Fowler tank to suit.

There is a problem here is in as much as the Fowler 2-6-2 T had a single slide bar arrangment to the piston valve gear not modelled by Hornby as in the Fowler 2-6-4 T double slide bars. Still an interesting project though.
Good luck
Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts