Model Railway Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
First let me say "hello" to you all, I found a link here a few days ago and have been checking you out to see if there is anything here that I'd like. Guess what? You all seem to have a good sense of humour, you post frequently, you're helpful in that you share your knowledge with those who know less with out coming over as arrogant know it alls and it seems you can have near realtime conversations.

Me, I'm too young to remember steam, but I do love steam so for my layout I've modelled a fictitious heritage railway so I can run all my personal favourite locos. I'm not over fussed about everything being spot-on so '00' is good enough for me. One of my favourite areas of the hobby is the "tarting up" of older models in as much as coal loads are replaced with real coal, all hand rails are replaced, smokebox darts, etc, etc. Of the locos I've detailed my best yet has to be a conversion of a Hornby 28x into a 2884, a couple of traders I know on the swapmeet circuit say I've increased it's value by about 20% which is pleasing after one of these guys told me not to do it 'cause I'd ruin the value of the donor loco.

Now so I don't get jumped on to much in my first post for straying off topic, I'm going to be around 'til after Hornby tell us what they have planned to separate us from our "hard earned" in 2006, I will not be holding my breath for the model I want, a re-built Bullied light pacific, in particular Daw Valley, in, wait for it, Hogwarts red. As I saw her fly through my local station with just her support coach between Christmas and New Year about 5 or 6 years ago. I know that will likely upset a few people but to each his own I.D.I.C. (see if anyone here share another of my passions)

5696Arethusa aka Andii

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about!
I have a cracking shot of her taken in winter with snow all around when she visited GCR whilst she was still red but I think that just about tops it.

5696Arethusa

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
so long as she doesn't have a white cab roof, like the Brit that was just wrong.

5696 Arethusa

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (Dan Hamblin @ 31 Dec 2005, 23:35)Looks like I will be retiring my Hornby version of 70000 in this livery some time in 2006

Regards,

Dan
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That seams to be the biggest problem these days, newer versions of locos you already have coming out. I spent some time on a pair of Princess coronations, Duchess of Montrose in LMS crimson lake and King George VI in BR blue then what happens Hornby do a super detail loco drive version, still I did get a lot of enjoyment out of detailing them so I don't think I'll complain to much, But I would be very tempted to get a new 70000 "if" they do a new loco drive one being as I haven't touched mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.