Model Railway Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about!
I have a cracking shot of her taken in winter with snow all around when she visited GCR whilst she was still red but I think that just about tops it.

5696Arethusa

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 31 Dec 2005, 22:22)Now that's what I'm talking about!
I have a cracking shot of her taken in winter with snow all around when she visited GCR whilst she was still red but I think that just about tops it.

5696Arethusa
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Taw Valley's great, but if ya want summink special, ya wont 34088, 213 Sqn. as Royal engine. (Fingers crossed for M&S set 2006!)

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
so long as she doesn't have a white cab roof, like the Brit that was just wrong.

5696 Arethusa

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wonder how long the roof stayed white for. Some of the early experimental BR liveries suit certain locos better than dare i say boring old brunswick green. Adds a bit of colour too.

·
Registered
229 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 31 Dec 2005, 23:32)so long as she doesn't have a white cab roof, like the Brit that was just wrong.

5696 Arethusa
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the roof on Britannia was painted white for the funeral train that took King George VI's body from Sandringham to Kings Cross.

The loco also had the roof painted white again in preservation during the 1980's.

Looks like I will be retiring my Hornby version of 70000 in this livery some time in 2006

Regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (Dan Hamblin @ 31 Dec 2005, 23:35)Looks like I will be retiring my Hornby version of 70000 in this livery some time in 2006

Regards,

Dan
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That seams to be the biggest problem these days, newer versions of locos you already have coming out. I spent some time on a pair of Princess coronations, Duchess of Montrose in LMS crimson lake and King George VI in BR blue then what happens Hornby do a super detail loco drive version, still I did get a lot of enjoyment out of detailing them so I don't think I'll complain to much, But I would be very tempted to get a new 70000 "if" they do a new loco drive one being as I haven't touched mine.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 31 Dec 2005, 22:32)so long as she doesn't have a white cab roof, like the Brit that was just wrong.

5696 Arethusa
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, the Southern doesn't do that!

Well, 23:50, by me computer clock. Stand by, lads, mice at the ready.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.