Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 9 Dec 2007, 16:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wish there was a magazine for second hand items bought on Ebay.
A good idea, but it would be a hard subject to cover, you would always have to look backwards. If you looked forward you might be accused of profiteering!! Also, it would be hard to rate a product as the only insight is the seller page, i.e. you would never see the actual article, unless you bought it.

Also it would have to be a e-mag, if it was print how woudl you price it? Cover price starting at a pound and 5000 copies available!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
For my tuppence I am an avid fan of Model Rail, it strikes the right balance between new ideas (by that I mean types of modeling I haven't tried such as Garden railways, different scales or different eras/countries.) and further ideas of my own interest.

I'm an 'OO' modeller and since I subscribed in 2003 every issue has given me a new idea or scheme to add to my layout. I now have to go back through them edit them down, at present rate I won't be finished until 2040.

I also like the editorials and the way the staff incorportate their own stories into the articles, to me this gives the mag a feeling of a 'virtual' club where you can find other peoples views, but as with all life you can take them with a pinch of salt and don't always agree.

As for the comments on MR reviews, I think they are perfectly what I'm looking for. They highlight any problems with the model while highlighting what makes them different from other models.

Again, I take these with a pinch of salt as even if its described as an all singing all dancing model with all the bells and whistles, I still don't commit to buying a model until I trundle down to my local shop and see it for myself.

For the record, I have no association with Model Rail, other than being a big fan!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts