Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I realise that this is possibly a daft question but here goes - I am interested in a Bachmann Super D loco and I see that it has a 21 pin decoder socket fitted - now for the daft bit - is it possible to use an 8 pin decoder in this socket ?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE is it possible to use an 8 pin decoder in this socket ?

Yes, if you buy an adaptor. I had to do this for my Deltic. The only adaptor I could locate was made by Bachmann. I bought two to make the postage worth while. Since I now have a Super D as well, it was a good decision.
David

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 10 Nov 2008, 08:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what you're after.

*** I have now released a 21 pin adapter - Bromsgrove should have stock available ex UK. It is sold in a 5 pack and also (I think) individually by Bromsgrove models.

The difference is mine do not have both corners broken off like all the Bachmann adapters (you can see that in the image above)!

regards

Richard

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 10 Nov 2008, 13:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>*** I have now released a 21 pin adapter - Bromsgrove should have stock available ex UK. It is sold in a 5 pack and also (I think) individually by Bromsgrove models.

The difference is mine do not have both corners broken off like all the Bachmann adapters (you can see that in the image above)!

regards

Richard

And I thought you were going to say " Don't be lazy and hard wire! "

Nice little adapter , that would make it much easier. Nice colour too

Regards Zmil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts