Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent talk of Clan Line and Bittern made me wonder do any members have any details on the current position with regard to 34070 Manston. As one of only 3 known survivors from the original buying team I would like to find out whats happening to her.

As a matter of interest I was the person who painted resrved on her one day in 1979.

Regards

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Apr 2007, 17:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Recent talk of Clan Line and Bittern made me wonder do any members have any details on the current position with regard to 34070 Manston. As one of only 3 known survivors from the original buying team I would like to find out whats happening to her.

As a matter of interest I was the person who painted resrved on her one day in 1979.

Regards

John
Hi, I believe Manston is at an advanced stage of restoration by Southern Locomotives Ltd for use on the Swanage Railway. I think in the last Swanage news I received (spring 2007) it was in their Herston works for completion; steaming date 2008/9?
Regards Phil.

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Hi Britho,

Manston is well advanced in her overhaul, in the months Steam Railway, she has just had her NEW tender frames rolled, cost shared with 5 other Bullied groups (anyone know which ones?)

Also am sure that there is a link from the Swanage Railway web

Brian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys,

interestingly I was talking to the sales team for the group at the Ashford show and they informed me it will be running in on the Strathspey Railway. I kinda thought to bring her home for naming would have been nice.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (MikeD @ 23 May 2007, 13:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A quick search for Bulleid Manston on google brings up this page Southern Locomotives Manston which seems to be reasonably up to date....

Mike

Thanks for that one Mike, Looks like you were posting at the same time as me. Some good stuff on their site.

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey ho

Well the old girl has finally made it back to steam as I discovered from the local rag. Now the next question - did anyone get to Swanage for the gala and did you take any photos of Manston?

Regards

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 1 Oct 2008, 17:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey ho

Well the old girl has finally made it back to steam as I discovered from the local rag. Now the next question - did anyone get to Swanage for the gala and did you take any photos of Manston?

Regards

Manston stars on the front cover of the lastest edition of "Heritage Railway" leaving Corfe Castle double headed with rebuilt West Country 34028 Eddystone on 14th September.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (John H-T @ 2 Oct 2008, 10:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Manston stars on the front cover of the lastest edition of "Heritage Railway"

Looks like I'd better get a copy then.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Forevagrey @ 12 Oct 2008, 11:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>at the moment manston is having some work being done on her to get her ready for full service on trains wich should be end of the month

Well I noticed the lack of crest and lining on the tender in the photographs, hopefully if she goes mainline, which I understand is the intention, she'll come home to visit us here on the island.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 15 Oct 2008, 13:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I noticed the lack of crest and lining on the tender in the photographs, hopefully if she goes mainline, which I understand is the intention, she'll come home to visit us here on the island.

Regards

im not to sure on her on the mainline i think with the current financial situation i wouldn't of thought so
at the moment she is still not running as there are still a few things needing to be sorted out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.