Model Railway Forum banner

4-6-2

1416 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  34C
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a cheapish 4-6-2 as I am a new modeller and I don't want to splash out too much. I was looking for one which has those steam fender things at the front. Looking in the price region of £40-£70?
Cheers
See less See more
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
I am not sure what you mean by "one of those steam fender things". I am guessing you mean smoke deflectors. Try a local model shop or ehattons.com. Alternatively ebay. I have bought a large number of locos on ebay and have had good experiences. You would be looking for LMS Princess Coronation or Duchess Class, a Southern Merchant Navy, Battle of Britain or West Country class, A BR Britannia Class, an LNER A3 Pacific some of which had smoke deflectors, all of which are made by Hornby. Bachmann have the A1 pacific.

Hope this helps
But St Gatien does not have smoke deflectors. He would need to go for Galtee More or Manna or Flying Scotsman
1 - 2 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.