Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im building a portable layout based in cornwall and im having a bit of a hard time finding dimensions for a cornish pumping house which i hope 2 make operational many thanks david

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Cornish_Rail @ 8 Jul 2008, 22:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi everyone im building a portable layout based in cornwall and im having a bit of a hard time finding dimensions for a cornish pumping house which i hope 2 make operational many thanks david
Hi David,

I cannot help you with the query but I can welcome to to MRF, which I'm certain you will enjoy.

Please keep us up to date with your progress - sounds interesting.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Shire Books do a wide range of cheap but informative books on many subjects, including industrial archeology, steam engines etc. May not give you dimensions, but will give various other sources of information that might.
Try www.shirebooks.co.uk and see what they have.

Regards,
John Webb

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
There may be some vaguely useful stuff on this site http://www.photofilecornwall.co.uk/index.htm#mineheritage

My sister lives within sight of one of the featured engine houses. The tall 'tower' element of a modest engine house (from which the beam that drove the pump once protruded) will probably have a 30' by 30' plan and stand 60' high. There will be a long single storey building attached, which housed the boiler. Makes a sizeable building in 4mm, particularly as you also need the man engine, stamps, and sorting screens to complete a minimal mine complex. If you ever go to visit the more remote mine ruins in Cornwall, keep your eyes open for deep holes in the ground...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts