Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (Cornish_Rail @ 8 Jul 2008, 22:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi everyone im building a portable layout based in cornwall and im having a bit of a hard time finding dimensions for a cornish pumping house which i hope 2 make operational many thanks david
Hi David,

I cannot help you with the query but I can welcome to to MRF, which I'm certain you will enjoy.

Please keep us up to date with your progress - sounds interesting.

· In depth idiot
8,709 Posts
There may be some vaguely useful stuff on this site http://www.photofilecornwall.co.uk/index.htm#mineheritage

My sister lives within sight of one of the featured engine houses. The tall 'tower' element of a modest engine house (from which the beam that drove the pump once protruded) will probably have a 30' by 30' plan and stand 60' high. There will be a long single storey building attached, which housed the boiler. Makes a sizeable building in 4mm, particularly as you also need the man engine, stamps, and sorting screens to complete a minimal mine complex. If you ever go to visit the more remote mine ruins in Cornwall, keep your eyes open for deep holes in the ground...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.