Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Well, I've finally managed it! Redeeming myself from the Coleshill fiasco! I had a fantastic day on Friday (6 March), catching 60007 SNG.

Now a few more pictures of her standing at the Kidderminster coaling stage.

This one I did in Black and White

Here is a picture of 71000 'Duke of Gloucester'. With 60007.

Here is a picture of 70013 'Oliver Cromwell'.

Here is a video of SNG 60007 passing me in the field next to Erdington station. Just click on picture for it to start.

Hope you like the pictures and video. Please feel free to leave any comments as you wish.

Kind Regards.

Paul.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Excellent - love the BR Blue livery - and the Gresley 'hooter' 'railroad' whistle !

Cheers
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Normally we are pretty strict on the size of pictures but those are so nice that I am hereby officially announcing that I am turning a blind eye!

I have never seen sir nigel in one piece! i still think they should have done it with full skirts and garter blue. but lets hope they do it one day.

Peter

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou Peter, Thats very good of you mate I shall see about getting my future pictures a bit smaller.

Kind regards

Paul

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Very nice too, a lovely loco

I had the plrasure of riding behind her last year when I went upto the NYMR with Andii for my stage doo, dont you just love th sound of that chime whistle. We didnt sit down once on the ride in either direction, on the journey from Pickering back to Grosmont, we managed to get and keep the doors windows in the last coach, or first coach which ever way you look at it, right next to SNG, many pics attempted from head out of the window and arms even futher (disclaimer-not recommended, DO NOT TRY THIS) will dig them out and share them with you. Didnt get to ride in the teaks though, save that I hope for the gala in May with Tornado

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 9 Mar 2009, 11:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice too, a lovely loco

I will dig them out and share them with you.

Hi mate, Yes I would love to see those pictures the loco as a class is one of my fav's includinf of course the Duchesses,Princesses,Scot's I think you get the idea!

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hi Paul

I made it over to SVR yesterday. I wasn't planning on it bet an article in Steam Railway Magazine suggested if I was reading it on 6,7 or 8 then I should put it down and get over there, who am I to argue with logic like that

Anyway the weather wasn't the best it tried to snow on me repeatedly but they had 5 trains on the go and I managed to bag 71000 from Kiddy to B'north and Nunny Castle back again.
Some of my pics
A Twelve wheeled GWR Sleeper 1st

71000 DoG

And again

60007 passing us

Some of you may recognise this next loco

Regards Andii

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 10 Mar 2009, 05:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>that hawksworth sleeper looks fantastic!

My thoughts exactly.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 9 Mar 2009, 19:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some of you may recognise this next loco

No - Never seen it anywhere, even in model form. Mind you that ladder looks familiar!

Regards

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
QUOTE (madon37s @ 9 Mar 2009, 14:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi mate, Yes I would love to see those pictures the loco as a class is one of my fav's includinf of course the Duchesses,Princesses,Scot's I think you get the idea!

Kind regards

Paul

As promised, here are a couple of the pics I got when out on my stage weekend with my brother last year, a bit shakey due to fact I was hung over and hanging out of the door window, but the smell of sulpher & steam soon had me feeling better, as did the sound of that chime whistle

Hope you like

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers mate those pictures rock!
What a lovely loco SNG is.

Kind regards

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts