Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the new Bachmann A1 60144 Kings Courier has the later style of split handrail and lowered lamp bracket on the smokebox door. From all the information I have obtainable ( and it's quite considerable) there were 21 members of the class so fitted and 60144 was not one of them. Or does anyone know different?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
QUOTE (MASTER CUTLER @ 29 Apr 2008, 06:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe the new Bachmann A1 60144 Kings Courier has the later style of split handrail and lowered lamp bracket on the smokebox door. From all the information I have obtainable ( and it's quite considerable) there were 21 members of the class so fitted and 60144 was not one of them. Or does anyone know different?

I've checked all my sources and I think you are right. Bachmann don't always get it right - see my bit in the forum on the V1 and V3 tanks!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I may be wrong but I suspect this class of inaccuracy is confined to older models. When the "Mickey Mouse" came out last year, I took a close look to see what maker's plates had been fitted. The various models had Swindon or Crewe as appropriate.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts