Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone know if anyone does a model of the new A1 Peppercorn? I have a Bachmann one, a special wooden-box edition I bought off eBay, but it is in the wrong colour (dark BR Green rather than the LNER Apple Green Tornado will eventually be painted in) and rather disappointing detail. It would be great if someone were to do one in the rather fetching neutral 'primer' colour Tornado has been wearing during her running-in period.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 30 Nov 2008, 21:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rumour has it that TMC might do a *very* limited run in National Express livery....

Would that be NXEC livery or Tornados grey with National Express branding on the tender as the last main line run?

Andii

·
Registered
9 Posts
My son has brought me one of these A1 Tornado's in it's works grey. It says on the cert., that it's number 7 of 101....I really thought they made more ...can anyone please confirm that for me...

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hey! The trust already has one!
Although it is 12" to the foot scale....

I guess it is aimed at covenantors who want a souveneir of a unique period in the loco's life while also further contributing to the cause.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 4 Jan 2009, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey! The trust already has one!
Although it is 12" to the foot scale....

Some would say that's boasting

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! The trust already has one! Although it is 12" to the foot scale....

I guess it is aimed at covenantors who want a souveneir of a unique period in the loco's life while also further contributing to the cause.

Indeed as a covenantor of this A1 and having the pleasure of having a grand meal while being pulled by her,this model holds much more then looking good on my layout/display case,it's a reminder of being a part of history

·
Registered
64 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 30 Nov 2008, 16:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Mike,

TMC do an official model of Tornado in works grey, a bit expensive but each purchase is done to order and includes a donation to the A1 steam Trust.

http://www.a1steam.com/index.php?option=co...&Itemid=123

Andii

That is a superb looking model, but so expensive! I thought they would give you free postage buying it at that price!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.