Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I believe the issue concerned check rails at point work - modern standards result in these standing proud of the running rails and I guess the problem was that the flangless drivers might just, just, ride up and derail.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
"From the 92214 site, I found Steam Galleries which has a "Railtours" section. It seems to cover most of the steam specials running in the UK at present. There are no 9Fs featured, so I guess none has a valid mainline ticket. Don't be disheartened, it looks like serious efforts are being made to get 92212 a ticket and it had a "black box" fitted last December. I'd go for that one if I was you - just remember you are not allowed to exceed 75mph on the main line."

But Tornado will be seeking a 90 mph derogation!!!!

"Thanks to all the research, I've got somewhere to go tomorrow! A4 Union of South Africa /and/ King class Edward 1 are both running on the SVR this weekend. I'm planning to take both still and movie cameras. I want to get that chime whistle on tape."

And wasn't that a blast - I got taken for father's day - and caught a King, No 9, Bradley Manor, the 8F and a Mickey mouse!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.