Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I agree with MMaD, in that we have been almost brain washed into accepting that it's necessary to fiddle with a new loco before it runs perfectly.
That doesn't mean that we should accept it though!
As for price Vs quality control, I will never accept that as the norm. Quality control should apply to any product manufactured, as the cost of QA is only a very small part of the total development and manufacturing costs.
Why complain about small deviations from the prototype, but accept that the loco will not run properly out of the box? Aren't we getting our priorities wrong? If it's not right, complain - LOUD & LONG.
Generally, we British are more accepting of shoddy goods than any other nation and we are wrong.

·
Registered
370 Posts
In reply Denis, I don't think it has anything to do with buying British, more a traditional tendency to behave in a "proper" manner and not cause a fuss. Who else would put up with a bad or incorrectly cooked steak and not complain, because they didn't want to make a fuss in public.
Things are improving, especially with the younger generation, but still many people 50+ accept poor standards rather than complain loudly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts