Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come back from the local Lidl down here in Pembroke Dock.They are selling a mini drill tool set with 100 items in it for £2.99.It comes in a neat wooden box and contains various shaped grinding tips, burrs , wire brushes, mandrels for disks, larger size cutting disks(approx 5) 5 or so sanding drums in 2 sizes, 5 or so buffing disks in 2 sizes, approx 50 cutting disks and some buffing compound(I think).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks OK , can't be sure of the quality but you can't go wrong for £2.99. The box is worth that.Make a nice jewellery box for the wife !!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just checked out this site, and found theres a store not a million miles from me, that box of goodies is quite amazing value, how on earth can they produce and sell them at just £2.99, it will cost more in petrol to get to the store and park, but nether the less, i'm going to get me a box, many thanks Bilbo

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Its pretty amazing with plenty of spare sandpapers and buffing pads. My local Lidl had about 100 in stock so there seems enough to go around.

I will start a Lidl/Netto/Aldi watch thread as its always useful to know of any hobby related bargains.

Aldi have a decent sized small parts bin for £4.99 at the moment with about 30 drawers.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Woolworths also have a good varispeed set for £7.

It is the same design as one i got from B&Q about 3 years ago for £30!

I now dont have to keep swapping those pesky collets. i just have a drill for 3.2 and one for 2.4 and another for evrything else and 2 spare fransformers!
they also had a glue gun for about £2

This thread is a great idea
Peter

Sorry i should have said the £7 includes the drill transformer and about 20 accessories. 8,000-30,000rpm

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts