Model Railway Forum banner

A Big Thank You to Doug

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Brian Considine 
#1 ·
I think all of us would agree that Dougs reports from the Nurnberg have been absolutely brilliant so informative and the photographs(so many of them) have added so much to his reports. I know we would all say this is a hobby we love and I am sure Doug enjoyed doing all that was doing but because of him we have all the up to date information well before any of the mags.

It has been said before I know "all this and he has to earn a living as well" but He has given time and energy and lots of resources for all of us so Doug Thanks so Very Much.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Nearly 1000 photos of trains and slot cars in 2 days...

Speaking German, French and English to hundreds of people...

And walking around with a heavy SLR, a computer on my back and 15 kg of catalogues...

I met Ben Jones of Model Rail Magazine. I introduced myself as Doug from Model Rail Forum and he seemed interested to see me, but maybe he was just surprised. We didn't have anything else to say so we went our separate ways. I expect he'll have also walked the show getting the next International supplement ready for their magazine.

Ben, if you need any of my photos in Hi-resolution, just drop me a line.

#7 ·
The work you've done Doug is phenominal! I don't think there is anywhere else one could be so informed about shows like this. We are all passionate about our hobby and as such news is craved but often scarce. Once again thanks mate!

#10 ·
>Hang on guys - haven't finished yet - Just taking a breather
then just regard this as encouragement

David

#15 ·
Cracking stuff Doug, well done your efforts are much appreciated.

Regards

John

#16 ·
Noting the generous offer that Doug has made to the magazines to contact him in the event of their wishing to use any of Dougs photographs I wonder if we will see any of the images published here in any of the mags over the next month or two?

Doug has done an excellent job and has possibly produced one of the best online show reports ever!

Happy modelling
Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.