Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

May I first apologise for this post if it is in the wrong area or is not allowed but I am needing a big favour from one of you fine people whilst you are out and about please.

If anyone is at a model railway show and happens to come across a nuclear flask kit for N gauge then I would be much appretiated if you could pick one up.

I always seem to miss the shows and find out about them after the event so I get frustrated when I find that some stalls that could have possibly had a kit for sale have gone and I have missed them.

I have e-mailed several people and spoken to several of my contacts with no joy so I am begging for your help as my scratchbuilding attempts are coming to nothing and I am getting really frustrated.

If one of you can locate or track one down then if you PM me and I will contact you as soon as I get my messages and we can arrange payment/postage.

If anyone can help me then I would be greatfull.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention with my illness I am also unable to travel any distance in case I have a problem and I need to get home asap.

Thanks for the suggestion about nottingam show though millsie I wish I was feeling better and I would have gone.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Harkins

If I see one I'll pick it up - just make sure we know if you get one!

Regards

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for that britho.

I have managed to get hold of 2 kits on ebay but they are metal kits http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=018 and I will have to see what they are to build not only that I will need to get farish bogies to fit to the kits as well. If you can still get hold of a tpm one that would be helpfull.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK so I have 1 of the n/e suplhate wagons that I need to make up the kit as it is the right size of wagon and also has the double bogie configuration that I need but I am struggling to get hold of another 1 to complete my second kit.

I have asked locally and they are all saying the same that it is an old model and that they cannot get hold of them anymore. I have checkd hattons and they say they can't get hold of them. The place where i got the first one have said that they will not be able to get another one.

I have looked on e-bay and they have 2 for sale but the prices are ridiculous considering that new they should be between 4.80 and 6.50 each.

Anybody that can help to give me a supplier that will accept paypal and have the wagons in stock it would be helpfull.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts