Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well guess what I bought today ----- a Mint condition hardback issue of Model Railwys 1948.

Also a collection, also in mint condition of "The Railway Magazine" from 1931.They were sold for 1/- then, (one shilling)
I shall enjoy reading all of these.
Some days you just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
nowt is guarenteed to get one into that 'real modelling' feeling than leisurely ploughing through really old mags.

plus, all those prototype photos were of the CURRENT scene??

what alwas amused me were the group piccies......everybody in those days modelled wearing a suit and tie!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable, because I dont think I own a tie nowdays, I cant stand wearing one let alone being all drssed up in a suit. LOL

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (41235 @ 31 May 2008, 22:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well guess what I bought today ----- a Mint condition hardback issue of Model Railwys 1948.

Ahh like me always on the lookout for a bargain for the library, I've got a couple ' 52 and '55 I think.

Regards

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have got some from earlier, 1921 and 1904 one of them, it really takes you back when you look through the pages, everything was steam and it was a way of life.
I really do cherish them, if anyone lives near to me I will gladly let anyone have a look at them, they should be shared, they are part of our railways history, I would not lend them out, but by all means anyone can have a look at them with me over a "cuppa".

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (41235 @ 2 Jun 2008, 22:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have got some from earlier, 1921 and 1904 one of them, it really takes you back when you look through the pages, everything was steam and it was a way of life.

I know what you mean - I have some pre-grouping documents relating to a number of smaller companies, many of these dating to the mid to late nineteenth century. They are of interest, but they certainly aren't being sent around the country!

Some stuff I will happily copy and forward - others I won't.

Mind you like 41235 I am always happy to welcome visitors.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts