Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Dave (the 7113 one - so bloody many LOL !!!),

I am aiming to pick one of the kits up, if not now sold out, after the sudden run on them,at the Brighton Modelworld Exhibition on Friday, or via a stop off at Ford on the train on the way back. So hopefully sorted by the weekend. It is the boil in the bag version I am after now isn't it ?

Cheers,

Norm

PS. So much for the bribe to Stu's postman, the note was supposed to be delivered at least 1 month late ! (* Oh no he's not a Dave - but "our" secret weapon !!!!)

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Dave / All,

After a successful trip to the Brighton Modelworld show yesterday am now armed with the "boil in the bag" kit, as Dave's earlier post. Will hopefully take a look at it over the weekend.

Unfortunatley did not come across the Dapol Signal Gantry / Water Tower kits I was after to kit bash as legs for my Gantry Signal Box, but found lots of other "useful" items LOL !!!!!

Good luck with the House builds, look forward to the various & varied WIP posts / pics, Cheers,

Norm

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi All,

I joined as it's a "Group Build" - It still is !!!!

We are very lucky to have apart from the odd Dave or 15, some very gifted modellers. Yes, we do not have all the kit you may need to be a perfectionist, but the idea is TOO LEARN ! If we are preared to LISTEN theres a good chance we might !

Anyway - what is a Milling M/C - Stu(The Dave's worried !).

Cheers,

Norm

PS. Boil in the bag

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi All,

Looks like some peeps have been very busy indeed. Would say certainly in some cases the challenge of "Silk Purses from Sowes Ears" have certainly been attempted to great effect.

Also good to see Sarah has already made far better use of the kit than I would ever have managed, & she has only just started.

Stu - really like all the little details, & has been said the "sad / neglected" appearance, in particular the garage doors & missing render / exposed brickwork at the corner by the front door all look excellent; together with the detailed write ups of techniques.

Greyvoices - I would say given your grand childrens first kit building attempts pic; they will be the ones peeps will want to come round to assist in years to come - excellent effort by them both. But with the Halt's a kit each would seem a good idea, but could get competitive !

Great efforts all round, look forward to seeing the other participants builds progression / results in pics as well, when time allows of course. Plenty of tips / points to learn in this thread, which of course was also one of its aims; well done that man for setting it up.

Cheers,

Norm

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Sarah,

You have been busy, love all the added details including the outside, look forward to seeing the red tiled roof, washing on the line, etc; in your future updates on the build. Thanks for posting, including as always all the key bits of information - great stuff.

Charlie - the kit is about £5 or a little less; but not always that easy to get hold of. But hope you can find one & look forward to seeing pics of your build.

Cheers,

Norm

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Hi Sarah,

The "Works" is quite a regular port of call, & I can only agree on the large tubes of paint at very cheap prices, that burnt umber has been the basis for my base "brown earth" on the loft layout polystyrene LOL !!!!!

On the muddy feet / washing line issue, perhaps run the washing line at 90 degrees to its current position, beside the back garden path ?

Cheers,

Norm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.