Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
461 Posts
Hey Dave,
Sounds like an idea - I "might" be in, partly depending on the lead time to start on this, I'll have to order one and get it sent over!
Will possibly provide an "excuse" to get a few things in an order...

· Registered
461 Posts
OK - mine shipped from Hattons today, supposed to be 5 business days to get here.
BUT, I'm still waiting my previous shipment of some Metcalfe buildings that shipped Feb. 4th., with the same delivery option.

Not Hattons fault for sure, but it highlights the pain of being an ocean away

· Registered
461 Posts
Yay! I got mine yesterday. Amazing since I only ordered it from Hattons LAST THURSDAY!

Unfortunately, whilst I am pleased to be ready-to-go with this project, the order I placed for 2 x Metcalfe engine sheds and 1 x Metcalfe signal boxes, on Feb. 1st., STILL hasn't arrived.
Connected with Hattons, via their excellent "chat" tool online, and though they were extremely supporting/helpful, they can't place a claim into Royal Mail until 25 "working days" after the thing was shipped
so unless the order magically arrives on its own, I have to wait until MARCH 8th. before we can even begin to get it declared lost and re-shipped <sigh>.

(Sorry for the slightly off-topic, but was a frustration when I opened the box and found it to not be the original package I'd hoped for)

· Registered
461 Posts
QUOTE (KGR @ 20 Feb 2013, 08:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I supported my local model shop for my kit, no P&P charges for me and a little bit of trade for them.
Keith,
That's what I'd usually do, but for anything OO British Railways I get a vacant look from my local model shop - they do sell Peco track at ourageous markups though

Hattons (and occasionally other vendors) turn out to be my "LOCAL" model shop for such things - I'd love to avoid the P&P charges, but my CFO has suggested that the "bus fare" of around $1100 USD to get to Hattons is unreasonable, funny but seems perfectly reasonable to me, since I would then be able to browse with lots of other anoraks...

· Registered
461 Posts
I'll "open" mine later today - having just got back into the game, I don't have a "kit spares box" to raid, so I might just be the one to build a "control/reference version".

I'll build it exactly as instructed with no changes and you can all compare your excellent modifications against the control build - how's that?

Of course, mine will then probably have to be "condemned" at the end of the exercise and I'll have to get the local council to come in and bulldoze it

· Registered
461 Posts
"Interesting" - I've still not taken mine out of the bag, too much to do, too little time!

That drain pipe looks a tad large for a family home - looks more like a main feed for a crude oil pipeline

· Registered
461 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 6 Mar 2013, 14:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not really, unless you are using Saniflows throughout

As an aside, I've just got the main shell on mine assembled.

Sorry - I had a "senior" moment there (Here!).
I looked at it and considered it was the rain-gutter/drainpipe, COMPLETELY FORGETTING the sewer main is OUTSIDE the house in the UK - shows how long I've been gone!

Just an FYI - given my location/climate, we don't DO exterior SEWER mains, frozen crap (literally) isn't a good idea (see my layout space pictures for the INSIDE scoop - pun)

· Registered
461 Posts
Very nice Stu - I particularly like the broken drain pipe and other signs of neglect.

I'll also vote for some added information about your weathering steps being new to all this myself - they look to me so very realistic, I'd love to know how you achieved them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.