Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
If i can pick one up at a show in March i'll have a go with it
have some ideas already

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (Big Dave @ 21 Feb 2013, 10:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im still waiting for mine and I dont think Nick has had his yet
so all we can do is plan

Came home to find my kit waiting for me Dave has your's arrived yet

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Like my example apart from walls
the front wall is fine & warp free the other walls are slightly warped hoping overnight weighting will cure them of it.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (7113 @ 22 Feb 2013, 13:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, did a bit of trial fitting late last night and everything seems to fit where it should (so far at least
). My thoughts at the moment revolve around fitting internal walls/ceilings/floors etc. which with the possibility of some lighting has thrown up a small, but not insurmountable problem, which is there are some moulded gaps at the front of the roof - looks like a job for filler.

Well, that's my state of play at present.

Observations anyone?

Regards

Hi Dave,

Made a start on sorting the gaps in the underside of the roof i'll post some pics soon

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
As promised a couple of pics to easily solve the roof gaps, cut a strip of 20/30 thou plasticard 3mm wide & glue the strips to the rear of the gaps ........ mark the locating lugs as i have done in black removing these carefully will make sanding things flush a bit easier, the other three sides provide enough of a guide to fit the roof.

A few blobs of Humbrol Model Filler & it's ready for sanding

There is a nick in the roof edge that needs a smidge of filler as well, the cause of the nick in the roof being broken away from the sprue at the factory.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 23 Feb 2013, 20:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My kit was delivered to me this afternoon by the "leader" of this project.

pity some of those capable of turning out very high quality work are not taking part & adding their expertise.

I thought the idea was to allow people of all abilities to take part in this 'build' already the kit's been slated what do you want for under a fiver allowing for the kit's age i think it's done well compared to other far younger items.

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (ste @ 27 Feb 2013, 21:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Is it to late for me to join this group build?

Hi Ste,

Think i can speak for 7113 to give you a quick reply ........ it's not too late to join in the build at all.

Look forward to you doing so

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi All,

Few progress pictures .......... i tried to get the warps out of the walls with some hot water & plenty of weighting it worked reasonably & i decided to fix the house to a plasticard base once the main walls where assembled i used plasticweld which is excellent for all plastic kits i find
i placed a pice of thin MDF on top of the house with a weight overnight to settle things, although it appears the plasticard base used is 40 thou i had some wihch was two layers of 40 thou bonded together a single sheet of 80 thou would work in it's place.

After leaving overnight i decided thast the garage would be too small for our family living here & their car would take up the best part of the house therefore i proceeeded to mark out to the side of the house an area for the garage, & the front wall where the garage doors where was bricked up to a similar height of the other windows
thus creating a bigger lounge & allowing the kitchen to be extended to a kitchen/diner you may be able to see the room dividers & in the centre of the house either a sliding door or curtain is between the front rear in the central wall the stairs run from the front door straight upstairs a piece of plasticard is resting at an angle there in the picture

I made up a garage from plasticard offcuts & placed it on some Tamiya square rod as a concrete foundation so now you seen a start on my house i have a good few other ideas in the melting pot
some dependant on what i can find on Saturday at the local show
the picture below gives the impression the wall tops are out still by a long way when in fact after attaching to the roof they should be fine

So it will be a dioramma piece stand alone or ready to place on a layout

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi All,

Part of the dioramma of the build i made up over the day

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hiv Dave,

Yes it is the Airfix Matador with basetoys wheels how did you know they where base toys wheels ?

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (7113 @ 4 Mar 2013, 00:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Easy, I have a couple of Base toys trucks, as well as Jim S-W using them on many of his road vehicles.

Simples...

Regards

Hi Dave,

I see now i was going to convert a Bedford tanker from Base Toys but thought it looked a bit out of scale so only used the wheels / tyres

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi Dave,

A loft conversion is a good idea gives a good deal of scope if you get some Slaters embossed roofing sheet to match the kits for the conversion your in business

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi Dave,

You've made a good start & got everytihng nice & square a flat roof is a different approach get as much reference as you can from Google & keep up the good work

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
QUOTE (StuB @ 31 Mar 2013, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would love to see other peoples builds. There were some very promising ideas at the start of the project.

Stu

Hi Stu,

Like how the house turned out for you some really nice touches there
i have done more but not very quickly as i said from the start my build is going to have the house as part of a dioramma scene, try to get more done on it this coming week & pictures of it's progress

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.