Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (David Todd @ 9 Feb 2013, 08:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only way I can see this happening is, you buy 1 tube of Glue, and send to to each other by post.

I've just got this mental image of the country being covered in the "string" from the glue as the tube goes from member to meber.........

QUOTE (David Todd @ 9 Feb 2013, 08:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh ! it looks like the "Dave Club" already.

Not quite - 3 x Daves, 2 x others !

Co'mon you non-Daves - don't let them take over.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (LetoII @ 17 Feb 2013, 20:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good job I'd already got mine then in it! You gotta watch these Dave's you know, they don't half move quick!

There's one that generally moves like he's stuck in first gear, but I'm glad to say that in this instance he's found 2nd

QUOTE (7113 @ 17 Feb 2013, 23:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Perhaps at this point I should stress that the only real rule is we all start with the same kit. I know it's seriously awful, but that's the point, you know, silk purse from sows ear and that kind of thing...

A point that has been sadly missed by some

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
My kit was delivered to me this afternoon by the "leader" of this project.

So far, I've unpacked it & assembled the basic shell. During this stage I decided that I would try something a little different & make a small set piece. Being used to kits from the likes of Kibri/Vollmer/Faller I have to agree with others - it's a dire kit, but we do have to take into account that the original tooling was made half a centrury ago !

Still, the main idea is to show what can be done with something basic & some ingenuity - pity some of those capable of turning out very high quality work are not taking part & adding their expertise.

AFAIK, Dave has taken a photo or two & will post later.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (Greyvoices @ 26 Feb 2013, 12:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My one area of concern is with the ambition of LF&T. Would he not be better off using the Airfix Airfield Conning Tower as a base kit?

Best regards .............. Greyvoices (alias John)

A possibility for another project maybe - the thinking behind this project is to all start off with the same "sows ear" & see what sort of "silk purses" can be made of it using a variety of skills & approaches.

Maybe, when they are all finished we could make up a whole street called "Penguin Cresent".

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
Hi Stu,

The more you think about it the more you can add.

Cavity walls came in around the mid 20's, but as you say, too small to modelthe ventilation bricks (probably ?).

You could try modelling those old type telehone wire brackets with the bean tin sized insulators.

Surface gas meter boxes are fitted when gas installed at a later date ?

Two types of ballanced flues - the big square ones & the later small round (powered) ones.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
Our Project Leader.

The more observant here will have noticed that 7113 (AKA Dave) has been conspicuous with his absense.

Dave has some issues to deal with & has asked me to express his apologies to members. He has also asked me to take over as project leader until his return.

I am now back in regular contact with Dave. For the time being I suggest that we let him have the personal "space" he needs for a while.

Thanks.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 26 Jul 2013, 03:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***What's happened to 7113 - is Dave OK?

Yes, he's OK - like many of us, from time to time you have other commitments. I speak to him a few times a week & he usually speands a day a week over here working on the Land Rover Fire Engine (I'll post a couple of pictures in the "alternative hobbies thread".

Thanks for asking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.