Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
QUOTE (7113 @ 17 Feb 2013, 23:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Many thanks for all the nonsense so far on this thread, hopefully it will throw up ideas for all to use. Perhaps at this point I should stress that the only real rule is we all start with the same kit.

Not the same solvent/glue. then?

Hugh

· Premium Member
1,324 Posts
QUOTE (sarah @ 15 Apr 2013, 10:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The master bedroom now has a fireplace, with a clock on the mantlepiece, and a (now thought to be dangerous, so do not do this at home...) mirror. The flowery wallpaper shows that Mrs. has some say over the decorating!

The ground floor is still awaiting work. The front door will have to be re-hung to open the other way, towards the outside wall.

The roof tiles. I have been looking very hard at houses, and noticed that some have shaped tiles on the roof "corners", with ridge tiles on the ridges (!). Some have ridge tiles over the "corner" joins, and some have half round over these joints.

Progressing well - a couple of observations/questions.

Why are mirrors now thought to be dangerous? I doubt if they got much sleep with that wallpaper!

I have seen roofs with exactly what you described so I wouldn't worry too much. Front doors opening outwards are unlikely but probably not unknown.

I notice you have a dropped kerb for garage access, this certainly wasn't common (in London suburbs at least) until 1970s/80s but perhaps was elsewhere?

One final comment for all builders - I assume this house is coal fired but have seen no bunkers or coal cellar access? but perhaps they have all moved over to GCH?

Hugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.