Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Personally I would go for the Deutschland version, followed by the Niederlande, Spanien or Griechenland ones in that order.

I would be seriously tempted with a matching pair in EUFA livery - looks good on both the Taurus & Re460 (& I'm not a football fan at all).

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Goedel !

Where is the Turkish one??

Yes, I am alive and my heart proved that it can withstand all whats happening in Euro 2008.

Baykal

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
QUOTE Yes, I am alive and my heart proved that it can withstand all whats happening in Euro 2008.

According to my son, your team have only been in the lead for about 2 minutes of normal time for the whole competition but succeed in extra time? If your heart can survive that, it can survive anything!

David

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 21 Jun 2008, 20:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Goedel !

Where is the Turkish one??

Yes, I am alive and my heart proved that it can withstand all whats happening in Euro 2008.

Baykal

Baykal,

nice to hear from you. What´s your guess on Germany vs. Turkey? I know it´s a tough one, since Turkey will have to replace five players, and Germany´s efforts have been rather inconsistant. I think it´s a hard guess to make, but congrats from here to Turkey and its team for some really great games to watch, and a great deal of spirit. We´ll see about that next game, may the better team win.

I think the Turkish engine can easily be repainted from a regular Austrian version, as only the ÖBB logo would need to be removed, and some decals added- no repainting necessary.

Gödel, that vote against The Netherlands... add one from me. You know why. Personally, I´d vote for the Greek and the German version, number three would be Spain, and, being a German football fan, I wouldn´t touch the Dutch one with a bargepole.

I´d like the Swiss engine from HAG, or the Euromotion Taurus. Then again, they are pretty costly. Maybe if I sold some stuff on Ebay...?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 22 Jun 2008, 02:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Baykal,

nice to hear from you. What´s your guess on Germany vs. Turkey? I know it´s a tough one, since Turkey will have to replace five players, and Germany´s efforts have been rather inconsistant. I think it´s a hard guess to make, but congrats from here to Turkey and its team for some really great games to watch, and a great deal of spirit. We´ll see about that next game, may the better team win.

I think the Turkish engine can easily be repainted from a regular Austrian version, as only the ÖBB logo would need to be removed, and some decals added- no repainting necessary.

Tom Hi,

Long time no see.

Who would've guess that Holland would be kicked out?

Germany is purely a tournament team. They know the rules from A..to..Z. But again......we are CRAZY and some sort of mystical force has been on our side. Voodoo magic I guess

As for my bet, we will play the final with Spain

Now as for the Turkish Taurus, this is purely a management failure of Roco of not doing one.

Do you have any idea of how many they could've sold by now? Yet again , It still isn't too late .

I know that there is 100 people ready to buy one and I am not counting the non-modelrailroders who would have one just for the sake of being in the quarter-finals and keeping it as a souvenier.

Roco, think again and start producing!

Cheers

Baykal

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Baykal,

Turkey vs. Spain? No way!
It´ll be Germany vs. Italy; remember, we still have a bone to pick with the Italians.

Anyway, who´d have guessed beforehand how far Turkey and Russia have gotten (so far, maybe there even will be a Turkish team winning the Euro 2008), and how bad the usual suspects like Portugal, The Netherlands
, France, Croatia have fared. This is not a "usual" Euro tornament, 2008 is really very special. Ain´t that great?

Roco (or, to be more precise, the ÖBB, as they were the ones to commission the models) really should have made some more models. Of the Austria, Switzerland and Euromotion ones, 1.000 each were made. Now, unlike the 2006 World cup edition, these Taurus engines are really, really great, good looking, and they imho really represent "their" respective countries. I think a Turkey engine would have been a mega-seller (and cheap to make, as it is painted in one color only, like the Switzerland engine), Germany was so popular that now Piko made it, and personally, I like the France and the Sweden livery as well. 1.000 a piece would have been sold more easily that the Switzerland engine (which I think is a bit boring), and the Austria one, which had been nitpicked to death on an Austrian model railroad forum and appears to be a slow seller.

Maybe - hopefuly - a model of the match winner´s Taurus will be made. In that case, we both still have a 25% chance...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (zmil @ 22 Jun 2008, 02:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What about an Aussie one

Do aussies play soccer ?

(We Irish do but badly of late).

It's only a foreign game anyway. Not my cup of cappuchino

I also like zmils reply

Back to the talk of trains. (Great the way these posts evelove, completely off the subject. Fantastical)

P.S. Up oz

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 22 Jun 2008, 23:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They do however we were talking about football.

same problem we have here in the sod. (sod as in clump of earth and term of endearment for this pleasant isle)

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Basil @ 23 Jun 2008, 09:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>same problem we have here in the sod. (sod as in clump of earth and term of endearment for this pleasant isle)

language can be a funny thing, you think because a group of people are supposed to be speaking the same language you will understand them. I get into trouble over here all the time because of this.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
QUOTE (Basil @ 22 Jun 2008, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do aussies play soccer ?

(We Irish do but badly of late).

It's only a foreign game anyway. Not my cup of cappuchino

I also like zmils reply

Back to the talk of trains. (Great the way these posts evelove, completely off the subject. Fantastical)

P.S. Up oz

The Aussies do play soccer or football if you prefer
they have only ever been in the final 16 for the world cup twice
with all the experience Australian born players are getting in the european competions they may do better next time!
I think there are 3 members of the Croation team that are Australian based or born
made for an interesting game last time!
Regards Zmil

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Jun 2008, 07:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>language can be a funny thing, you think because a group of people are supposed to be speaking the same language you will understand them. I get into trouble over here all the time because of this.

Your comment reminds me..

had two scottish reps working for me when I was in NZ for a while...
have a few beers with either and no problem
have a beer with both however....
**after one beer OK
**after two, the accents thickened
**after several, especially if talking football, they were both "back to their roots" and I needed subtitles to stay in the conversation :) :)

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 24 Jun 2008, 01:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your comment reminds me..

had two scottish reps working for me when I was in NZ for a while...
have a few beers with either and no problem
have a beer with both however....
**after one beer OK
**after two, the accents thickened
**after several, especially if talking football, they were both "back to their roots" and I needed subtitles to stay in the conversation :) :)

Richard

That's about the same here.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 22 Jun 2008, 17:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's an MRF speciality !

Indeed it is - however i would belatedly vote for the Greek livery - it just appeals to me. I must admit as well I do like the two blue uns!

Regards

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 22 Jun 2008, 10:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Germany is purely a tournament team. They know the rules from A..to..Z. But again......we are CRAZY and some sort of mystical force has been on our side. Voodoo magic I guess

As for my bet, we will play the final with Spain

Baykal,

great game, great fight - my respect goes to the Turkish football team. The were a class of their own.

Not a beautiful game imho, but a great one.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts