Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen at the St.Alban's Model Engineering Society's annual exhibition this weekend:

The operators were rather busy fault-solving so I was unable to ask them for details. But they were advertising next year's De Havilland Model Railway Soc's 2009 exhibition so they may be connected with that.

Regards,
John Webb

·
In depth idiot
7,673 Posts
The same fellow in the picture was exhibiting at this year's De Havilland society show. It was good to see the old stuff running - when it ran - but reliability was proving something of an issue.

Not having realised that this club was still active I was amazed to see a version of 'Havil', the first really big scenic layout I can remember, from a time when I was of such an age that I only had short trousers. Further information here http://www.trainweb.org/DHMRS/index.htm It was a very pleasant and friendly exhibition, with a very wide range of layout subjects on show.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (34C @ 30 Sep 2008, 09:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The same fellow in the picture was exhibiting at this year's De Havilland society show. It was good to see the old stuff running - when it ran - but reliability was proving something of an issue.

That was why they were rather busy - one was repairing a loco, one was cleaning track and the other two were trying to keep something running!

QUOTE Not having realised that this club was still active I was amazed to see a version of 'Havil', the first really big scenic layout I can remember, from a time when I was of such an age that I only had short trousers. Further information here http://www.trainweb.org/DHMRS/index.htm It was a very pleasant and friendly exhibition, with a very wide range of layout subjects on show.

I missed this year's show for some reason. They have had problems in the past few years when they were thrown out of the Leisure Centre that was built on the old Hatfield airfield to continue the social activities of the former employees there. It took them a little while to find alternative accomodation.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
There was a Hornby Dublo layout at this years Fort Pitt (Chatham) show. You couldn't get near it for kids! Great fun was being had by all.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts