Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i have, somewhere, my first ever AA car badge....what you describe as a 'floral' design.....although perhaps 'gothic' might also be descriptive?

I got this badge in the late 1960's.....1968/9 I think.

It then changed to the square version.

so I guess the corporate logo change occurred around then?

I have checked Wikipedia....but logo dates are missing......interesting comment regarding recent buyouts, etc, though!

Not sure when the AA's route/road signage changed format though........bearing in mind, before WW2, many route/road signs were erected by the AA, and not by Local Authorities?

again for these detail items, its worth checking out old issues of ''Practical Classics'', as they ran a series of dated street photos, going back to the dark ages.........which contain an immense amount of 'street' detail.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
greetings indeed.....contributions such as these are what makes forums such useful resources.....thank you......keep 'em coming....doesn't have to be railway orientated, since for many of us, recalling what our surroundings were really like all those years ago is often difficult.

and since it appears the early/middle BR steam period is currently the most popular, then info such as this is all grist to the mill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts