Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
No, but I would sell the mother in law.

Very nice, makes me wish I could win the Euromillions and afford a small mansion.

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The first two batches all pre-sold entirely. They will be as rare as hen's teeth. Ian Pearce at Accucraft is taking orders for a third batch but he needs 25 pre-ordered before he'll press the go button - at the moment his list is still in single figures.

I saw the pre-production version - it was goooooooooooorgeous
The only thing lacking was the builder's plate and the extended bolt holding same in place (for the driver to rest his feet on when he swung the seat "outboard" in hot weather).

60134 (a mine of useless information...)

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't realised that they were in such short supply. So were there 50 made before?

I need to get a fund together. £500 on order I think.

60134, tell us more about these things. How are they controlled - I'm interested in the RC version.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I guess an initial 50 were produced but would need to check.

Control is manual as supplied - Mike Ousby has worked up a radio control conversion and this can be ordered (for some more dosh) from Accucraft - when the models arrive in the UK they are sent to Mike for fitting and onward delivery. Needless to say with two valve chests to supply and two sets of valve gear to reverse the R/C conversion ain't going to be cheap (normally you can add £200 to a normal loco for R/C).

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
These are the babies operating on the WHR!

The only difficulty with R/C is the servo linkages which need to accomodate the articulation.

·
Registered
763 Posts
They are pretty impressive in the flesh. 2' narrow gauge can look a bit twee (I suppose I've seen too many rabbit warrens) but these are proper serious locos built to do a serious job of work.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I'll see if I can get hold of the R/C spec. for the Garratt.

Dennis, have you seen their G1 "Big Boy"? Now that is a piece of kit!

I love all their D & RGW 3' stuff as well - oh! for a lottery win.....

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I see I promised the SP on the radio control. As far as I know it involves a servo in each power bogie which are a co-operative pair and a second in the cab for the regulator - fun, eh?

Accucraft have confirmed that this will be the last batch to be made, taking the total production run to 200.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts