Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a bit more detail of what Accucraft announced at Warley:

1:32 Scale - electric
LNER 'Flying Scotsman'. All metal construction, 24 volt Pitman motor, suitable for minimum radius of 4 feet 6 inches. Fully painted, lined, lettered, and numbered. Target price £1195

1:19 (16mm) Scale - steam
War Department Baldwin 4-6-0T. Gas fired, manual control, 32mm and 45mm versions to be developed, limited edition - batch built to order, as per the Garratt. Target price £1200.

1:19 (16mm) Scale - Rolling Stock, plastic
L&BR Bogie Goods Brake Van No 23, 3 liveries - L&B Grey, SR Brown, and Data Only Grey.
L&BR Bogie Open Wagon No 12/13, 3 liveries - L&B Grey, SR Brown, and Data Only Grey.

1:20.3 Scale - electric
Isle of Man 0-6-0T 'Caledonia', all metal construction, 24 volt Pitman motor, 2 liveries - Blue with Red lining as running now and Manx Northern Maroon with full Gold lining. Target price £375
Isle of Man 2-4-0T No 6 'Peveril' in Indian Red, all metal construction, limited edition. Price £855
Isle of Man 2-4-0T No 4 'Loch' in Light Green, all metal construction, limited edition. Price £855

1:20.3 Scale - Rolling Stock, plastic
Isle of Man 4 wheel coach, 3rd class, Crimson and Cream livery, suitable for 32/45mm gauges
Isle of Man 4 wheel coach, Guard/3rd class, Crimson and Cream livery, suitable for 32/45mm gauges

This is great news for Garden Railway types. I was a huge fan of the Archangel coal-fired Baldwin but being a broke student in those days (as opposed to a broke farmer these days!) could never have afforded one. Funnily the Accucraft price is close to the 1979 Archangel price.... Please note folks that the Baldwin is going to be either 32mm or 45mm guage - being inside framed it is not going to be possible to have a gauge adjustable version.

The L & B bogie vehicles will be useful additions but the IOM stock is really looking good. After the 2-4-0s "Caledonia" is a great choice and the selection of the 4-wheelers will allow Accucraft to do what the IOM did - bolt two together on a bogie underframe!

Oh, and of course there's the Gauge One "Scotsman".....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have just drooled all over my keyboard.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I should put a "bib" warning on such posts! I hope you enlarged the images - the model is gorgeous in the flesh as well.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts