Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I recently came across a website for Accurascale, I've never heard of them.
They seem to have a varied selection of rolling stock and some Loco's (mainly Class 37's which cover all the variants)
They are surprisingly well detailed models, if a little pricey for my taste.
Has anyone heard of them, are they worth perhaps in investing in buying ?
Any information would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
9,852 Posts
The wagons get good reviews and you are sure to find some on youtube.
We will find out how good their powered models are later this year when either the Deltic or class 37 are delivered.

David

·
In depth idiot
7,708 Posts
If you like the look of the products, they will be no more or less risky than those from other manufacturers. The models are all manufactured in the same Chinese production system, and experience shows that perfectly competent designs are not a guarantee of the manufactured product being right. It only needs something as trivial as an electronic component supplied to the wrong spec., a component with inadequate dimensional control, or a minor error or misalignment at assembly. That's the event that reveals the calibre of the business that got the model made.

I am in the happy position of not needing any of their announced models to date, (have Bachmann Deltics with scale diameter wheels, so not impressed at the underscale wheel diameter fudge Accurascale have adopted) so will sit on the sidelines and wait on the 'field test' commentary from the first owners.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Consider that Bachmanns list price for a 37 is £169.95/£179.95, £259.95/£269.95 sound fitted then these are in the same ball park pre box shifting stores discounts

·
In depth idiot
7,708 Posts
Finally succumbed, a three pack of their 24.5T mineral hoppers as first in service from 1957, (later classified HUO). These are now hid away for the December shindig since I am 'difficult' for presents; but initial impressions are very favourable, and they can be 'visitors' to my KX area, possibly being demonstrated to potential major customers.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I quite fancy some of these but HUO and other types I like the look of are all sold out, not desperate as I have hundreds of wagons unused but even so....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts