Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I quite fancy some of these but HUO and other types I like the look of are all sold out, not desperate as I have hundreds of wagons unused but even so....

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Well not quite so'

'My friend Doug, has a thing about propelling his push-pull trains as much as possible. He can run 9 or 10 coach trains around his layout, this is around radius 3 & 4 curves and up and down 1 in 40 grades - perfectly possible with European design close couplers but try that with anything fitted with tension locks and see what happens at the first curve.'

My layout has radius 3,4,5,6 on the main loops and 1 in 33 grades, however problems occur through droopy couplings not the system itself, in some cases I have swapped the couplings to Roco/Bemo types as these are better goping downhill in lieu of the droopy things inflicted upon us, going uphill is not an issue as the couplings are in tension but mostly I have little to no trouble sometimes a little work with a file helps and with others to get a better alignment I can use a cranked coupling so this system has multiple options so I do what is cheapest

1 - 2 of 2 Posts