Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (johnb @ 7 May 2006, 14:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, a bit of advice needed from all you seasoned train men. I have a lot of new Hornby 00 sets for sale and I would like to know where the best place to list them. I do not want to go the ebay road and have to pay a fortune in listing,ending and pay pal fees, thanking you all in advance
Hi!You could try a local auction house,they usually charge around 15% plus VAT on sales,very roughly what you would have to pay E-Bay.With an auction house you will get the best price on the day,assuming the buyers have not got together and split the lots between them so reducing the bids.With E-Bay you will get the best price of over up to 10days,a slight possibility of a non payer,but other than that only the costs to meet.You do not have to take PayPal,it is expensive,but you do get more bids and you have the money in you PayPal account very quickly,which you can then transfer to your bank account at no extra charge for over £50 at a time.If you go this way add some of the costs to your postal charges,as long as you don't go silly,most buyers will accept this.
Regards.
John.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts