Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE I have a lot of new Hornby 00 sets for sale

When you say "a lot" and when you say "new" and when you say "for sale" could you be more specific?

Model Rail Forum does have site sponsors who help with the running costs of this forum and you have to admit that you do give the impression of being "in the trade".

I have no objection to members offering help to bona fide individual enthusists however you sound as if you are in it for profit.

You will therefore appreciate the need for clarity.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
And please don't take the above request the wrong way.

To have accumulated a large number of new sets just seems like a weird thing to do!

However if I saw 20 new sets for sale for £20 then I would accumulate a large number of new sets!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Well it has to be said that it is an uncommon situation.

Model Rail Forum has rules and they are in place to keep the forum content free of advertising and spam. Forum members appreciate this. It was not too clear where we were going with this topic.

However, now that we have the benefit of additional information we can offer relevant advice.

I personally would get hold of the receipts and see if the shops from where the items were purchased would take the goods back or exchange the goods.

That would offer the greatest return for the least amount of effort.

If you cannot get hold of the receipts then clearly you are a very good customer of your local stockist and you should be able to negotiate an exchange with him on favourable terms.

Happy modelling
Gary

PS On the subject of 20 sets for £20 it is possible to make such a purchase if you are in the right place at the right time. Why we are slightly sensitive to this is that a while back there was a situation where a new forum member did something such as this with 50 sets and tried to take advantage of the forum membership to make huge profits and at the same time avoid making any contribution to forum running costs. Those who do make a financial contribution and who do support forum running costs and help with content do deserve protection from those in it for a free lunch. Sponsors are important as without them there is no forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts