Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a bit of advice needed from all you seasoned train men. I have a lot of new Hornby 00 sets for sale and I would like to know where the best place to list them. I do not want to go the ebay road and have to pay a fortune in listing,ending and pay pal fees, thanking you all in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 8 May 2006, 08:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When you say "a lot" and when you say "new" and when you say "for sale" could you be more specific?

"a lot" = approx 12.

"new" = brand new, unrun, mint as it left the factory.

"for sale" = whereas someone pays me a sum of money to purchase

No I am not in the trade, if you happen to peruse the introduction thread and read what I have stated there you might get a better grasp of matters and not have to request the need for clarity.

As for the accumalation of a large number of sets being viewed as weird let me try and explain, since child hood any member of my family buying me a present for any occasion bought me a trainset, Loco, Wagons, etc most of which at some stage I have put to use. But of late I have been given numerous sets including a Flying Scotsman Live Steam Set, Orient Express Premier Edition Set, M&S Evening Star and another 9 sets that in my pocession shall never see the light of day.

Your observation about profit would be correct, I have no notion of selling 20 sets to some clown for 20 quid each that he may accumulate them too, I may be Irish but I am far from being a stupid, I would intend to sell them for a fair and equitable price.

What me asking for advice on this forum has to do with site sponsors I do not know unless they want stringent Soviet sattelite like state controls thrust upon anyone who on occasion might sell something,I hope not.

I hope this clarification is enough for you Gary if anymore is needed just shout

Regards,

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts