Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In depth idiot
8,253 Posts
You are adding unnecessary complexity. Try using the LS150 output with the pair of diodes to rectify (to half wave DC) exactly as the Lenz diagram for the point motor. I would be surprised if that did not operate the uncoupler adequately.

·
In depth idiot
8,253 Posts
But you don't need a point motor to set addresses. Page 26 of the manual explains all. It's really neat, just set an address on the first output, and the other five are incremented +1 with unique addresses.

At this point I should add that unless you really really need remote uncoupling, I wouldn't bother using this or any other decoder. Typically uncoupling is performed in view of the operator, and a simply 'push to make' sprung button is all that is required to energise the uncoupler. My Kadee electromagnets are powered by depressing a piece of phosphor bronze strip onto a brass screw head to make the power circuit. This is cheap and simple.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.