Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE Like you, I am also working on my first layout, and have decided to use Gem manual point control.
I like the idea of working the points myself, so I will give it a go, as my layout is not very big.
If you can get hold of a copy of MODEL RAIL magazine SEPTEMBER 2006 issue, there is a very good article on page 62 by
Chris Leigh in which he describes using the Gem point control system, complete with photos.

I have two 4 lever gem frames frames. I was going to sell them on Ebay. But if you prepared to pay the postage I send each of you one, just contact me off list. You'll need a packet of Omega loops which go between the frame and the wire to take the slack out of the wire, and if your going round corners a packet of angle cranks, their both available from Gem. I used thin Stainless Wire about 3mm and this was running in nylon tube, I cut groves in the base board surface
using a dremel and a mini router attactment, I buried the tubes in scenery. The Gem lever frames work well and are very attractive if painted as if they are a signal box.
Contact me off list if your interested.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.