Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Signed up over the weekend. After curiosity made me buy a Hornby magazine at a motorway service station.

This action has re-kindled my hobby or modeling and OO railways. So this week I have started ny first small diorama layout. 17 years after dismantleing my old 16" x 8" layout in my parents hose.

All was boxed up and in a cupboard, and ready to go.

What a change there has been in the hobby over the past years.

Looking forward to share experiences and hints and tips.

Cheers
Paul

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Nice to see that a chance encounter can start the hobby rolling again.

BTW wht Cpt Jack Sparrow?

Regards

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 9 May 2008, 16:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW wht Cpt Jack Sparrow?

Regards

on every other forum I amd known as DMC Paul, From Delorean Motor Company, as I owned and restored a Delorean

Fancied a change of name, being from Torquay originally and coming from a Nautical family, Great Great Great Grand father being Admiral of the Brixham fishing fleet, I picked a good old salty Pirate name

Paul

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Cpt Jack Sparrow @ 9 May 2008, 14:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as I owned and restored a Delorean

Now that makes the Series 2 Land Rovers of Screwy And Brian Condidine sound sensible!!

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Paul & welcome to MRF.

Don't take too much notice of BRITHO his knowledge (or lack of) of cars is reflected in his usual choice, when he has one.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Hello sailor!

Just kidding. Welcome to the forums and welcome back to railway modelling. You should find lots of help, hints and ideas here.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Cap'n Jack and welcome both to the MRF in particular, and back to railway modelling in general.

Could your diorama be 'World's End' by any chance and will you be running a Black Pearl instead of a Black 5.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that.

Happy modelling,

Expat.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome home to railway modelling.

QUOTE (Cpt Jack Sparrow @ 9 May 2008, 14:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I owned and restored a Delorean

Paul

Did you ever take it up to 88 miles an hour?

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE Did you ever take it up to 88 miles an hour? rolleyes.gif

Or are you going for the steam powered alternative this time around

David

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 10 May 2008, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Paul and welcome home to railway modelling.

Did you ever take it up to 88 miles an hour?

Oh yes, I even built a replica Flux capacitor, Just so when I got an " oi mate 'as is got a flux capacitor??"

I simply said yes and pointed between the seats

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Cpt Jack Sparrow @ 10 May 2008, 23:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great Idea, I've been toying with ideas for names on my fictional station / town. 'Worldsend' it is.

Paul

Glad to be of assistance. Perhaps the pub could be 'The Black Pearl' or maybe 'The Kraken' then ??

Cheers,

Trevor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts