Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi, I have one of the commessors from machine mart, its not silent but is mounted on rubber pads so is not very noisy, it cost £99 on special offer a few years ago, very pleased with it, my son has justused it to spray the bonnet of his 54 year old beetle using a full size spray gun that came as an extra. I us a badger and have no problems, cleaning out with white spirit or celulose thiners. I made an adapter to fit the standard size bsf thread on the compressor and the small thread on the airbrush lead.

Clarke who make the compressor also make an airbrush that I have been told is very good, similar to the badger to look at but with a top cup which I think is better than the under slung one that comes with some of the badger sets, do not use the bottles they give very poor spray results as I think the hole in the lid gets blocked to easily stopping the paint flowing or giving 'bloches' of paint.

If you realy want a silent one try 'squires' they have one but it works out at over £200 with an air brush as well, I think its £165 but my catologue is three years old now so may have gone up.

regards

mike g

·
Registered
208 Posts
Andy, Argos do the compressor I have for £99 its a clarke 1.25 HP model and is ideal for any air brush.

hope this is still of use.

mike g

1 - 2 of 2 Posts