Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hi everybody, Bro Sewell is my brother so I have to take up his defence in his absence.
As he stated we used a number of airbrushes over the years but have always used the propellant can. The large amount of money needed to buy a compressor was never around at the time we were spraying and when we weren't spraying the money went on other things, this is when we took a look at the ingredients of the said propellants, they contain Propane and Butane have the usual aerosol warning on the side about not spraying them on naked flames and incandescent materials. One day whilst in Wilkos getting some white spirit we checked out the ingredients on the camping gas cans, now I should make it clear here hat these cans are the same size and shape as the airbrush propellant cans and are normally used for small single burner camping stoves or blow torches used for things like soldiering whilst doing some plumbing, the ingredients list is the same as that for the airbrush propellant with the only difference being the camping gas has an additive to make it smell so you can detect a gas leak and airbrush propellant does not because by it's intended purpose you are discharging it without burning it.
While I'm here I'd like to ask what people think their aerosols are propelled with, it sure ain't fresh air.
Arethusa

1 - 1 of 1 Posts