1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts

·
Fahrdienstleiterin
562 Posts
Hello Peter

Thanks very much for taking the time to produce such a splendid tutorial! It's an excellent exposition on the subject, and as a relative newcomer to the airbrush I found the level perfect. I look forward to Part II!!

Armed with a reading of Part I, I now have grand plans in using an airbrush for trackwork and scenery at first and then one day the more challenging business of customising/building and painting models. Your advice on which model and why will be very useful, I had thought of making do with a cheapo one for trackwork but now I think a long term investment would be wiser.

P.S. Not sure if I should comment here on at the end of the tutorial?

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Thanks Peter,

A cracking introduction to Airbrushing, cant wait for the following parts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Putzi @ 27 Nov 2009, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Armed with a reading of Part I, I now have grand plans in using an airbrush for trackwork and scenery at first and then one day the more challenging business of customising/building and painting models. Your advice on which model and why will be very useful, I had thought of making do with a cheapo one for trackwork but now I think a long term investment would be wiser.

P.S. Not sure if I should comment here on at the end of the tutorial?

Hello there

Part II shouldnt be to long. i actually wrote it all as one thing but got a bit overwhealmed and had to break it down a bit.

In terms of which model to starty with, I'm sure you have some old half built kit knocking around int he back of the cupboard somewhere? if not then the old hornby 'shortie' coaches can be had very cheaply and make great practice fodder.

I always recommend buying the best you can afford. I saved up and got 2 badger 155's and they are great tools. They are also very high quality tools that should still be good in 50 or 100 years time. A point that i was really trying to make in the tutorial was that you really do get what you pay for. you can make do with the cheap equipment but life (and the results) are so much easier if you spend a bit more money.

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Excellent Peter, now all I need is...........

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Peter

Have just read your excelent article on airspraying. Its brilliant. As a returnee to the hobby I find that so much has changed that I need to get up to date. I've bookmarked it for further reference and I look forwad to the next installment.

Well done and thank you

MalcolmV

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello Malcolm

Glad you liked it.
in the new year i will try and get the next parts properly illustrated! I have already posted the text on my bench thread but i simply have not had time to finish it.

Its on my list of things to do early in the new year.

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Peter /

A "newbie" to this Forum , I have used an Air Brush until I got fed up and went back to brushes (It was a very old Badger --30 years old) However yesterday my new Iwata arrived an HiLine HP CH . This time I will master it ! I found your tutorial valuable , Thanks -- Loved looking at your "work bench " it is the most untidy bench that I have ever seen . Mine is the second most untidy --there is hope for me yet !

Graham

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Capt Jango @ 21 Jan 2011, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Peter /

A "newbie" to this Forum , I have used an Air Brush until I got fed up and went back to brushes (It was a very old Badger --30 years old) However yesterday my new Iwata arrived an HiLine HP CH . This time I will master it ! I found your tutorial valuable , Thanks -- Loved looking at your "work bench " it is the most untidy bench that I have ever seen . Mine is the second most untidy --there is hope for me yet !

Graham

no, no, no - I cannot let that pass - I have seen Peters workbench & it is not even in the running compared to mine - often, it's difficult to even find mine LOL !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.