Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Hi Simon,

I look forward to this project, I have 3 of the city kits, so I shall watch your progress with interest.

One point that comes to mind, does the Branchlines kit come with wheels? of dp you need to get hold of some? also, you might need to add some extra weight to the body of the loco, as the plastic is very light!

Who knows, with some luck, you might end up with two more citys!

Sean

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Well, I wish you well with the build Simon, as I say, I shall be watching with baited breath, and please post plenty of pictures, I am going to see if I can bodge together a city using mostly bits I have left over from other projects, the Dapol kit and some creativity the main expence there will be the wheels, the lining, as you say, will be interesting to do I would like to see a Bird too

The BSK is nice, I like the people, one thought, would a Bachmann Bogie (Hattons) not have looked better when finished, also the NEM Pocket is invaluable, and the metal wheels improve the running no end, just my thoughts of course...

Sean

· Registered
1,008 Posts
I can see that coach looking excellent on the B4 type bogie in that colour she is in.

I do admit I am mildly surprised at the running quality, as the Lima coaches (indeed the early Hornby ones too) have questionable running qualities, especially on point work.

One thought come to mind, (im not sure what you have in mind for your railway, so please excuse my ideas) is the Keen systems couplings, they are a cam system that hold the coaches corridor to corridor and expand around corners, they are very good in my oppinion, some people dont like them, but most of my coaches are being fitted out with them. just a thought to save the bogie swaping.

Sean

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Good to hear you have your own workbench now Simon, its always good to have a supportive other half

Good luck with the etched bits, take your time and keep the photos coming

Sean

P.S. Any pics of the finished BSK?

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Nice job so far Simon keep it up.
there are a couple of methods, depeding on the paint a fiberglass pencil might shift it, Dettol liquid works wonders it shifting paint, but takes several days, Precicsion super strip is another one, even wet and dry can be used but may scratch the NS...

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.