Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 31 Mar 2008, 08:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The frustrating thing is that it can be done. the new erith show i am told was a dream come true for the traders.

As one who attended Erith I would agree with that, but why oh why do the rising costs get passed on to the trade?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Well guys.

If I may comment with both hats on, firstly I enjoy going to shows as a trader - you actually get to meet people and talk ideas through with them! Additionally people will buy things on spec, you don't get that on the internet.

As a modeller I find that I can often get things that will not be advertised on the net, second hand Lima HO mk1 coaches for example, also most second hand traders have a "rummage" box, it's amazing what you can find in them, frequently for pennies.

My comment earlier about rising costs being passed on to the trade was not aimed at any particular venue or organisation but an observation based on experience. I know of venues where the ticket price has not increased for several years but the stand fee has.

All the while I enjoy the shows and the work I will continue to do it - carry on regardless!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Excellent photos Mick,

I really like that French layout, which I have seen "in the flesh" it really is different.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.