Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome! If you look under the 'DCC Forum' you'll find a large resource added some time ago by Lisa. So you're not the only lady to be a contributor. You can look through the list of members - click on the tab towards the top right - but as many people hide behind pen-names it may not be clear quite what gender they are.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
436 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 8 Dec 2007, 06:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>- but as many people hide behind pen-names it may not be clear quite what gender they are.

You make it sound sinister John!

Leslie Corkett (the male version - ladies should be Lesley!)

·
Registered
771 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 7 Dec 2007, 23:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol there seems to be a lot of really decent people here as well !!

Hi kitten,

No, we are not all mad nor wierd. Just like to model railways!!! I'm still on a high - after 3 months unemployment, I start a new job on Monday 17/12 as a Systems Certification Auditor - I've now reached the top of my Engineering/Systems Auditing career!!!!

Still on Cloud 9!!!

Dave

·
is asleep
758 Posts
I'm listed as female, but my date of birth is down as 31st December 2006! You'll have to decide for yourself...
perhaps if you read enough of someones posts you get an idea of their age and gender from the expressions they use, opinions they hold, clues about eyesight and changing gauge etc., not having enough room for layout (a.k.a. still living at home or at university/college) whether they get worked up about the rivets (always male) or the scenery (possibly female).

I will freely admit that I am deranged though! Not that something so obvious needs saying ha ha ...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello fellow newcomer!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I'm neither female nor deranged (although others may dispute that!)

Welcome to the forum Madkitten and I hope you enjoy youself on your visits.

BTW - I've got a mad cat.......

Regards

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I´m deranged, so I can´t be female...

Plus, I have a mad redhaired cat (others call her my girlfriend, but she insists on cat, and I insist on mad
) who loves to play with my sound-equipped engines. Her two cats always scuttle away when she does, because the noise scares them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 10 Dec 2007, 22:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I´m deranged, so I can´t be female...

Plus, I have a mad redhaired cat (others call her my girlfriend, but she insists on cat, and I insist on mad
) who loves to play with my sound-equipped engines. Her two cats always scuttle away when she does, because the noise scares them.

I am not really a cat lover yet they love me!! My friend Barbara (a.k.a Piermistress) and helps me out at exhibitions has 4 cats:
Humbug (a.k.a Bumhug) - All black neutered tom, 4yrs old, was feral and tamed by Barbara - he will happily sit on my lap and likes lying on his back!
Tiney - All black spayed female, 13 yrs old, friendly on her terms.
Pascha - A Serengeti (part Bengal/part something Asian) 2 yrs old, nervous as hell.
Shadow - A slivery/black Bengal 9 months old, has deformed tail, but is a little bugger!

If they play up with me I theaten to incorporate them into the food chain - as a product!!! But they keep Barbara happy ever since she was widowed 5 years ago.

Dave

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
As we are now onto cat's we have (sort of) 3 > 4 at our house ;

Velcro - female, smooth haired, black with some white, 12 Y.O. belonged to 22 Y.O. son - seems to suffer from physolgical problems.
Eddie - male, fluffy black, little white, 5 Y.O. supposely "my" cat, large (not fat, just big) only has half a tail. Lies on back by radiators in winter.
Patsy - female, fluffy tabby, 5 Y.O. Maggies cat, semi wild (the cat, not Maggie, although some will disagree !), only seen when hungry.
Bubble - demale, fluffy black, 5 Y.O. - was 28 Y.O. daughters, but hijacked by mad old lady down the road who tries to return cat when vet's attention required.
(The last 3 are from the same litter).

Velcro has also been known to attack the LGB in the garden & sleep in the tunnel, before it was removed - still sleeps in the same place though !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Forgot to add, my furry one currently sleeps on/in my fiddle yard!

Regards

1 - 20 of 24 Posts