Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
9,891 Posts
Super sound; scary sway

Interesting implementation of permissive block working and nice to see the chickens are "track trained"

Thanks for posting it.

David

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very interesting video of a narrow guage.

Also, the cameraman/woman must be quite brave. I would think the locos are not far off derailing and they are certainly being driven to the limit.

A deep flange to the wheels and a deep and hard steel rail, maybe ??.

and of course 4 wheel drive if necessary.

Waaah

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Basil @ 12 Jan 2009, 21:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, the cameraman/woman must be quite brave. I would think the locos are not far off derailing and they are certainly being driven to the limit.

A deep flange to the wheels

Maybe they were at a safe distance & used a tripod ?

Definatley not fine flanges.

Excellent clip & thanks for the link Doug.

Be interesting trying to get that track replicated in model form - could be another project for BRITHO !

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 14 Jan 2009, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Be interesting trying to get that track replicated in model form - could be another project for BRITHO !

I don't know about Britho but I reckon there must be quite a few layouts out there who have already been there and done that. Use of MDF for baseboards in a damp garden shed will do it every time.

Excellent video by the way. 'Elf & safety would have kittens if they saw it though.

Note to self:- Don't travel by train when in China.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 14 Jan 2009, 12:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Be interesting trying to get that track replicated in model form - could be another project for BRITHO !

Do I suspect my name is being taken in vain? (again)

QUOTE (Expat @ 14 Jan 2009, 16:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Note to self:- Don't take a train when in China.

No the authorities get most upset.

Regards

·
Registered
352 Posts
Stoking the fires on these locos must be a challange, could easily miss the fire box with the way the loco rocks around, and that track must murder the frames and suspention on those engines, its amazing how they stay on the track. a very intresting clip, i wonder what rail track think of it ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.