Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turntable motor needed for a Frateschi Turntable.
And is there anything else I would need whilst going DCC or will it work just fine? Thanks.
All comments appreciated.
T

·
In depth idiot
7,941 Posts
... is there anything else I would need whilst going DCC or will it work just fine?...
Hi and welcome. Frateschi is a maker's name I have heard of, but yet to see any product, so no specific advice from me.

But if the turntable motor is 12V DC, there's no difficulty with powering it using a DCC decoder. You will probably need to turn down the minimum speed (CV2) very low, (and you may want CV 5 very small too for no 'comedy rotational speed', also turn down CV6 if available to half the CV5 value) to get realistically slow movement.

My Peco TT DIY motor conversion has a 6V motor on a 400:1 reduction and a dodgy old decoder runs it with CV2=0, CV5 = 10 (no CV6 on this decoder) runs below 1 rpm on speed step 2 of 28 for a half turn, dead slow creep on speed step 1 for a small move to a different road.)

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
I use Z21 which works with all sorts of Roco and Flieschmann equipment and they have a turntable but this brand as with 34c is unknown to me the Roco Z21 is OK however I rather understand. Clearly it depends what you have?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts