Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the Anglia regional programme at 7.30pm today? Pam Rhodes interviewed a Peter Steele and showed quite a bit of his model railway (OO gauge) based on a fictional Scottish location in the 1930s. It is housed in a large garden shed somewhere in Herts. He retired from the police and spent 5 years with a model railway club learning how to model and another 7 years building this layout. There was 4 minutes spent on the item. Came over quite well I thought.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Did you mean THURSDAY 12 October? I did,nt see it, but wish i had. Could we start a thread on railway related programs coming onto TV in the UK? I did read some where a while back that Railway Modelling was amongst the top ten hobbies, yet theres very little time given to it on TV.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Sorry folks! Yes, I meant THURSDAY 12th Oct. I only noticed that there might be a model railway late Thursday afternoon and could not get onto MRF until after the programme was past.

I'll look back through RM and see if it has appeared there, although I don't remember this particular layout myself.

I suggest we simply post a new topic in this part of MRF if we happen to spot something coming up.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
122 Posts
I generally buy and then search through 'What's on TV' for railway programmes and every so often on Channel 4, there is a short programme on railways one day a week around lunchtime. Each issue covers more than one region and useful for people where I live as we can get Anglia, Central and Yorkshire. I even heard of somebody in Kent getting Anglia. I don't bother with sattelite as I don't have it. I do like the idea of a thread for any forthcoming programmes though.

(Yorkshire TV is most popularly known in West and North Norfolk as Humberside TV as they feature SO much news from the Humberside area and rarely anywhere else.)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re post #2, with Neil's comments in mind I had a quick thumb through recent RMs, and found the layout. It is called 'Strathlorn' and is described on pages 336-341 of June 2005's issue.
Housed in a 50 by 20ft shed, it has some 700 feet of track. Looking at the pictures I don't think the programe did it justice - they missed out some interesting areas.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 14 Oct 2006, 09:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Re post #2, with Neil's comments in mind I had a quick thumb through recent RMs, and found the layout. It is called 'Strathlorn' and is described on pages 336-341 of June 2005's issue.
Housed in a 50 by 20ft shed, it has some 700 feet of track. Looking at the pictures I don't think the programe did it justice - they missed out some interesting areas.
Thanks for finding that John.
I had been meaning to find it in my old RM's but hadn't got the chance yet. I was pretty certain that was the one being referred to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts