Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the Anglia regional programme at 7.30pm today? Pam Rhodes interviewed a Peter Steele and showed quite a bit of his model railway (OO gauge) based on a fictional Scottish location in the 1930s. It is housed in a large garden shed somewhere in Herts. He retired from the police and spent 5 years with a model railway club learning how to model and another 7 years building this layout. There was 4 minutes spent on the item. Came over quite well I thought.

· Registered
4,545 Posts
Sorry folks! Yes, I meant THURSDAY 12th Oct. I only noticed that there might be a model railway late Thursday afternoon and could not get onto MRF until after the programme was past.

I'll look back through RM and see if it has appeared there, although I don't remember this particular layout myself.

I suggest we simply post a new topic in this part of MRF if we happen to spot something coming up.

Regards,
John Webb

· Registered
4,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re post #2, with Neil's comments in mind I had a quick thumb through recent RMs, and found the layout. It is called 'Strathlorn' and is described on pages 336-341 of June 2005's issue.
Housed in a 50 by 20ft shed, it has some 700 feet of track. Looking at the pictures I don't think the programe did it justice - they missed out some interesting areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.