Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , ive been lurking in the background for a few weeks admiring all of the wonderful work going on on this forum , in particular on the 'on my layout' threads the quality of you guy's work is amazing and really inspiring for a first timer like myself .

Ive been into various forms of modelling since i was little , WW2 aircraft mainly , then in my early twenties on to flying scale model aircraft , which i still do weather permitting . Then for some reason i swapped to ww2 tanks and vehicles making several diaromas from scratch which i found deeply satisfing to construct , the big change came a few years ago when i was refurbishing a lift in a big cardiff department store and our main area of work was in their massive toy department , one lunch time i borrowed a hornby catalouge and the seed was planted .

Since then ive been very slowly building up stock and track as spare money allowed and am now nearly ready to start construction of a smallish layout (most likey on a 7x5 board ) not upto the wonderful layout sizes some of you guys are able to use but i'm hoping i can do a good enough job to feel brave enough to post up a few pics of my track as it comes along . Most of my wagon stock (ive yet to get any coaches ) has already been weathered and ive also built a few metcalfe kits in preperation . Its most likely to be sort of based around 1930/40 (i know very predictable) GWR stuff as ive a thing for small tank and pannier engines (for some reason the big stuff holds little interest to me) and almost certainly incorperating a scratch built Calne station area .

Anyway thats me , i hope you can all bear with me as i ask questions that ive been asked a 100 times before as i find my feet in my new hobby .

Cheers all and keep up the amazing work

Guy

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Guy & welcome to MRF.

Look forward to seeing your progress - any questions, no matter how basic or silly they may seem, just ask away, shedloads of advice available here.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Welcome, Guy. Don't forget to check out the brilliant "resources" section that Doug has set up on the forum - the short cut to a lot of information, as is the "search" facility.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hello Guy, this is a great site, everyone is helpfull and patient. I've been here for a few weeks now and no ones shouted at me. (yet!)

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Hi and welcome
Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts