Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sellers feedback looks ok. Price seems good. Whether the compressor and airbrushes are any good, can't tell without a brand name.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Looks like a Chinese job lot but that does not necessarily mean its not good quality and it may be OK for scenery air-brushing. Incidentally the Chinese character on the E-Bay page is the character for 'Love'. I only know this because I'm married to a Chinese lady and this character featured heavily at our wedding.

Although you say you are only intending to use it for scenery, track-side accessories etc. BUT I suspect that once you have the basic skills the temptation will be there to at least have a go at some rolling stock. For that I would recommend either a Badger or Iwata air-brush.

It doesn't state what pressure the compressor generates but with a regulated output of 23 litres/min. it should be OK.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents,I shall get a basic one to see how I get on,just seen Iwata on ebay at £74...on their site they start at £124,if I develop a taste I will get a good one.

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Hi Frame,

Dont sell yourself short, once you have done some sparaying, I garanty you WILL be bitten and wont to try something else, like Expat says, start with rolling stock, then who knows what end up doing, all of use started somewhere, even Peter, and look how good he is!
I have a Badger 200, it came off ebay and is a very good brush for me, and spare parts are easy to get too so it will never let you down, could cost less than the Iwata. Either way it will be a good investment which you wl not regret
Like this one currenly on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BADGER-AIRBRUSH-PREC...A1%7C240%3A1318
And have fun learning too

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's for the advice Brian,I did spray my cortina and a couple of d6 cat dozer's but this is very small so I shall practice on some old toy cars I have .
BTW 12 litres of filler was used on the dozer's and about half a gallon on my cortina so Im pretty good with filler work
Going up Devon/Somerset for a few days on monday for my 40th so I'll have lots of cash to spend!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts