Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

The company i work for is having a stand at a commercial Dubai Rail Event in May 2008
Is there someone with a working model rail system who would enjoy setting it up for display at a show? I might be able to get the company to pay you for the use. It would be insured and might be fun. We would only want one system. My email address is [email protected]
I have no idea if i am breaching any rules but if i am i appolagise.

DKW

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (DKW @ 28 Feb 2008, 18:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello,

The company i work for is having a stand at a commercial Dubai Rail Event in May 2008
Is there someone with a working model rail system who would enjoy setting it up for display at a show? I might be able to get the company to pay you for the use. It would be insured and might be fun. We would only want one system. My email address is [email protected]
I have no idea if i am breaching any rules but if i am i appolagise.

DKW

Hi DKW,

I am in Dubai but, unfortunately, do not have anthing up and running. I am very much still in the planning and aquisition stage with the intention of actually building my layout in China after retirement in a couple of years.

I may well be coming to the Dubai Rail Event though and, if so will look you up on the Honeywell stand.

Regards,

Expat.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 29 Feb 2008, 19:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do take some pictures for us!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Just for clarification thought you should know that this is not a model rail event and is focussed mainly on the Dubai Metro System which is presently under construction. This is mostly an overhead system running parallel to the existing road network (a bit like Paris) and the first train units are due for delivery from Japan shortly. I will try to get hold of some publicity pictures but it will be a while before they are actually running.

Regards,

Expat.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
we dont mind!
Just take us a couple of snapshots of anything interesting.
I went to an exhibition in beijing last year where a stand had pantographs going up and down all over the stand. it was great fun to watch!

Are you anything to do with the monorail that i understand is being built going out to that hotel?

Peter

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 29 Feb 2008, 19:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we dont mind!
Just take us a couple of snapshots of anything interesting.
I went to an exhibition in beijing last year where a stand had pantographs going up and down all over the stand. it was great fun to watch!

Are you anything to do with the monorail that i understand is being built going out to that hotel?

Peter

Not on the Monorail out to Atlantis but am Commercial Manager for the Construction Company doing the MEP on the hotel itself.

Trevor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts