Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the German for 'Roco n scale digital programming track'? I have the Lokmaus 2, but it came with HO track and I need the N scale piece.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 23 Dec 2007, 16:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What's the German for 'Roco n scale digital programming track'? I have the Lokmaus 2, but it came with HO track and I need the N scale piece.

Digitales Programmiergleis für Roco N.

Afaik, you can use any piece of track, no matter what gauge; just connect it to the Lokmaus transformer, and you´re set. Make sure that there is no connection to the rest of your layout, or else any DCC engine on that layout will be programmed in the same way (and non-DCC engines may take damage).

EDIT: heck, I wish I was fluent in English as well...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help 26-06, I'll keep the translation stored. I know I could easily solder the connections to some n gauge fishplates. I just don't like soldering, :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 23 Dec 2007, 17:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for your help 26-06, I'll keep the translation stored. I know I could easily solder the connections to some n gauge fishplates. I just don't like soldering, :)

An "Anschlußgleis für Roco N"* would suit you fine then; a piece of track with the wiring already soldered to it.

(alternatively, you could look for an "Anschlußgleisstück".)

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Hello,

I think google translate is much better than babelfish because you can make suggestions to improve the translation engine, and I noticed this is making it slowly better. For example I see that "you" would translate to German as "du" which is informal and is rude to people you do not know well. Now it translates 'you' to 'Sie' which is formal. As most people using the translator will not have family or friends who are German (otherwise they are more likely to speak German anyway!) then they should probably be using formal e.g. for business or contacting a seller on eBay etc. so this is good.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Catenary translates as Kettenlinie on Bablefish, which we all know is wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
It's amazing how much technical German you start picking up when you model German rail. I have learnt quite a lot of tecnhical German since I bought my ECoS and have been deciphering all the posts on the ECoS forum. I stil couldn't have conversation though.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Dec 2007, 23:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's amazing how much technical German you start picking up when you model German rail. I have learnt quite a lot of tecnhical German since I bought my ECoS and have been deciphering all the posts on the ECoS forum. I stil couldn't have conversation though.

I agree - I have been on a couple of Italian-language forums, and by now, I can read fluent enough to decipher what the Italians (or Swiss from Ticino) think about a model, and why.

Maybe I´ll drink some beers and contact ACME (in "Italian") whether they might be willing to release a class 146 in Metronom livery... then again, maybe that action could completely ruin my chances of ever seeing that model being released?

btw, I´ve heard from English and Welsh friends that German is not that hard to learn if you actually get a chance to speak it. So, when are you guys going to come over for a visit?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 24 Dec 2007, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree - I have been on a couple of Italian-language forums, and by now, I can read fluent enough to decipher what the Italians (or Swiss from Ticino) think about a model, and why.

Maybe I´ll drink some beers and contact ACME (in "Italian") whether they might be willing to release a class 146 in Metronom livery... then again, maybe that action could completely ruin my chances of ever seeing that model being released?

btw, I´ve heard from English and Welsh friends that German is not that hard to learn if you actually get a chance to speak it. So, when are you guys going to come over for a visit?

I would really love to come over on a visit. I have only once been to Germany to visit freinds in Erlangen for a couple of weeks and I loved it. Very nice. I have a big list of places I would like to visit so all I have to do now is get over to Europe for a holiday so I can see all these places.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Dec 2007, 22:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have only once been to Germany to visit freinds in Erlangen for a couple of weeks and I loved it. Very nice.
Erlangen is a nice place, (and not far from Bamberg which is absolutely beautiful - put it on your list, especially if you can go during the Sandkerwa in August when they do jousting on the river!). I remember Erlangen as very easy to cycle round and lots of big modern Siemens offices - I once did an internship at the Siemens Hochhaus on, yes you guessed it, Werner-von-Siemens Strasse!! So I suppose you could call it Siemenstown!

The station being on the mainline between Munich and Nuremberg meant stopping ICE trains every hour and lots of heavy freight and local trains to Nuremberg when I was there (so I had lots of trains spotting to do!).

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 24 Dec 2007, 11:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Erlangen is a nice place, (and not far from Bamberg which is absolutely beautiful - put it on your list, especially if you can go during the Sandkerwa in August when they do jousting on the river!). I remember Erlangen as very easy to cycle round and lots of big modern Siemens offices - I once did an internship at the Siemens Hochhaus on, yes you guessed it, Werner-von-Siemens Strasse!! So I suppose you could call it Siemenstown!

The station being on the mainline between Munich and Nuremberg meant stopping ICE trains every hour and lots of heavy freight and local trains to Nuremberg when I was there (so I had lots of trains spotting to do!).
Yes I did notice everyone has a bicycle. I also went to Nurnberg for the day, very nice city.

·
In depth idiot
7,683 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 23 Dec 2007, 22:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would really love to come over on a visit. I have only once been to Germany to visit freinds in Erlangen for a couple of weeks and I loved it. Very nice. I have a big list of places I would like to visit so all I have to do now is get over to Europe for a holiday so I can see all these places.
Finally got around to taking a river trip Rhein-Main-Danube this year, and it was excellent. It literally 'had everything'. History, scenery, culture, regional cuisines; and train spotting from the drinks terrace of the floating hotel. Sitting in the sunshine enjoying a bottle of something while half the rail traffic of Europe rolls by makes for a great holiday. Found half a dozen railway enthusiasts among the US/Brit/Oz/Kiwi/Canuck passengers; and the cruise manager knew where all the model railway shops could be found, as she would buy for her boyfriend while travelling.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (34C @ 24 Dec 2007, 23:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Finally got around to taking a river trip Rhein-Main-Danube this year, and it was excellent. It literally 'had everything'. History, scenery, culture, regional cuisines; and train spotting from the drinks terrace of the floating hotel. Sitting in the sunshine enjoying a bottle of something while half the rail traffic of Europe rolls by makes for a great holiday. Found half a dozen railway enthusiasts among the US/Brit/Oz/Kiwi/Canuck passengers; and the cruise manager knew where all the model railway shops could be found, as she would buy for her boyfriend while travelling.
Sounds great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts